What is the Microbiome?
Our body is inhabited by trillions of bacteria, fungi, and viruses which collectively live on and in our body as a community known as microbiota. Their genome is the microbiome.
This refreshing, fruity, fermented beverage contains 4 g of VITAGOS™ per serving of 200 g. It is a source of fibre!
Yield: ~6 portions
• 1000 g of tap water
• 1/4 cup of live water kefir grains
• 25 g of white granulated sugar
• 25 g of turbinado sugar
• 100 g of strawberries, mashed
• 100 g of blueberries, mashed
• 24 g of VITAGOS™
1. Bring the water to a boil.
2. Stir in the sugars and let cool down to room temperature.
3. Transfer the sweetened water to a jar, add the water kefir grains, mix gently, and cover.
4. Leave in a warm place (~ 25°C) for 24-48 hrs.
5. Strain the fermented water into a swing top glass bottle and add the mashed berries and VITAGOS™.
6. Seal the bottle and leave it in a warm place (~ 25°C) for 24-48 hrs.
a. The strawberries and blueberries can be replaced by other fruits or fruit juice.
b. The fermented beverage should be kept refrigerated and consumed within 2 weeks.
c. VITAGOS™ is a source of dietary fiber. As tolerances may vary from individual to individual, it is recommended not to exceed 3 servings a day.
Disclaimer: The above recipe is presented as an inspirational idea for business-to-business customers and not intended for consumers or the general public. The information is provided based on current knowledge and experience, however without any obligation and without any assumption of liability on our part. Clients should conduct shelf-life studies for their purpose. Clients should evaluate the products, ingredients, or potential allergens to determine the suitability for their formulation and serving sizes meeting applicable regulatory requirements for their products. Applications and claims for any ingredient must be verified with local regulatory authorities.